Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Randomness

Life

It is Friday, an overcast-pie making kind of day. Maybe a field trip day too.

Library

Not sure what I would do without them, studies show that although the largest group of users of libraries have college degrees, other people use them too.  They use libraries for a lot of reasons not books related:

  1. To look for jobs
  2. To use the free computers
  3. For free story times
  4. For free lectures and free training
  5. For homework help
  6. For help with research, especially genealogy

Knitting

I am working on Christmas presents already, finishing projects I started awhile ago, and planning a few new ones.  Ravelry is a great place for inspiration and listening to the Yarniacs Podcast is also inspiring.  I need to start something I can finish in a reasonable time, mostly to prove to myself I can.

And having a few gifts in the works will be a good way to think about the people I love, never a bad thing.  I'm thinking a few scarves, a couple of balaclavas, maybe a hat or two, and some texting gloves!

Exercise

I really need to get some.

Diet-a/k/a

A new way of eating.  I want to find a sustainable weight loss program that leads to a happy weight maintenance program that does not make me feel deprived, short changed, or sad.  Is it possible?  I really, really, hope so!  I don't like feeling like I have write down everything I eat, or feeling like every mouthful of food is somehow cheating or just plan unhealthy.  I do want to like what I see when I look at myself, I want to have less achy joints because I'm carrying less weight and I want it sustainable.

New house thoughts

I want to set out some of the containers I have so that people walking by this weekend can help themselves, and have the added benefit of my backyard look a little less like a rummage sale in the making and the garage a bit less cramped.

I also want to keep working on the blind preservation project-i.e.clean the ones that are already here and make them less u healthy.

Finally, it might be time to plan the front yard plantings that will replace the grass.  I have a bit of shade and a bit of sun and it being me want whatever I plant to have a lot of color and low maintenance.

Ready to make this house a home.





No comments: