Monday, April 25, 2016

Day one of the rest of my life

Moving and the sandwich generation

The kids are settled, I still worry, but needlessly. Parents not settled, settled where they are, and they don't need help, but it is inevitable that they will need help so again, I worry. Brother, younger, marriage seems super stressed, so I worry, although they don't have a more stressed out marriage than anyone one else who has a pre-teen, teenager, consulting company, home schooling and job search going on, but I worry, anyway.  Brother, older, hear injury (TBI) survivor, general pain in the ass, in denial as many brothers are, so I worry. Therefore, better to have a family and worry than to not have one and be lonely. Marriage, always seems to fall last on the list, when it should be first because if it falls apart all of the rest gets even more problematic.

Not sure what to do with any of that, I just know that that is my life right now.

Tackle them by breaking them into pieces and adjusting one piece at a time. Call older brother's doctor and let her know what our family observed, step one of problem five. Or four. Call parents and just check in so that they know what is up with us and I know what is up with them (I'd do that anyway, just because I like talking to them). Younger brother, call when the mood strikes, listen and give advice only when asked (harder to do than you'd think).

Marriage, all good, just enjoy!

Now moving in, paint, rearrange, sort, get rid of, find, sort some more, make room, make calls, arrange some more, don't worry it will all fit and it will all happen and it will all get done.

Above all focus on what can be done, let go of what I can't do or more importantly can't control, do what I can, arrange what I can't do, but can control and hope for the best. Today focus on finishing chair, feeding everyone, updating Quickbooks, write, clean and take one lesson in something new (apple's app class for instance.) Update things to do lists, with to-dos, calls and errands. Plan hotels and trains. Make sure the critical doesn't fall through the cracks and the non-important non-critical non-life giving don't make the list at all.  Try to embrace and remember the good, and put all of the rest on hold or in perspective.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you and do not worry...Hugs always...Your the best!