Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finishing

Sometimes it feels good to finish some projects. I will have some pics tomorrow, I have a sweater nearly together, dark blue and the light isn't great so I put it aside until tomorrow. It will need a different neckline and blocking, but it is in the home stretch.

There is something about finishing that just makes you feel darn good. I am mostly a process knitter taking classes, trying new things and finishing things once in awhile, but that is rarely the goal, so that when I finish something I'm always surprised. I was wearing the quartz vest last night and mentioned that I made it, and wow did that feel good.

So now on the needles are a lace scarf, a basket weave scarf, a baby blanket, a sock, a cardigan, a short row scarf and I'm sure some things I've forgotten.

Things I want to try, but haven't started are:

Socks from the toe up
Fair Isle Sweater (using one solid and one hand painted yarn)
A lace shawl (two rectangular pieces joined half-way)
A pair of lace socks
A large afghan
A throw

Is that enough?

No comments: