Thursday, September 18, 2008

BellaOnline Knitting

I am the editor of a knitting site. Now I don't presume to know everything about knitting, but with my nearly 18 years of knitting, and my newly minted MLIS I can generally figure out how to answer people's questions or concerns. The site is www.bellaonline.com/site/knitting and is one of the largest sites for women, but it is all run by volunteers.

What it is doing for me is helping me develop a writing habit, I try to schedule time to write at least two days a week and do research for a topic. It is mostly a habit and a discipline. I'm enjoying it and have had some good luck answering people's questions in the forum. http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=73&page=1

I like the give and take of the forum, but this one isn't very active, I have to build up my following.

There are a lot of great knitting help sites, and there is the whole Ravelry community. I'm just glad knitting is undergoing a resurgence, or renaissance. Time to sign off and actually knit.

No comments: