Saturday, July 12, 2008

Front Band Done

I never thought I'd get done, it was more than a billion-trillion kitchener stitches, but I finished it. 

Quartz Vest front & neck band

The one thing about encasing an edge on a Fair Isle vest or sweater, is that there a billion-trillion ends that don't have to be woven in, and you get really really really good at kitchener stitch.

For the TDFKAL, I feel like I am more than a third done with finishing the vest. What makes it a challenge for the Polka Dot Jersey is that I added on finishing a pair of socks, I'm a little behind, but still hopeful. One thing about finishing projects is the feeling of that hey, look at what I can do. Not a bad feeling at all.

5 comments:

m1k1 said...

what a fantastic finish that gives to your knitted piece.
and thanks for setting up the team site.

Unknown said...

Outstanding...

m1k1 said...

The other team members are
Jessica: buttonbeauty.blogspot.com
Ali: skeinsherway.com
Julie: madstitcher.wordpress.com
Lauren at knittinginthedark.com doesn't seem to have posted to the KAL at all.

Ang said...

It's looking wonderful Marge. Thanks for the team site too.

Meg said...

C'est magnifique! One would never guess how many little ends are wriggling around in that edge!